ODDSSON's vision is to offer excellent affordable accommodation to all travelers.
ODDSSON HOTEL opened June 1st, 2019 in Reykjavik. The brand new hotel features 77 hotel rooms, in various sizes, from a single room to a deluxe family room with a kitchenette. The variety of our rooms will meet the needs of a large market group, so whether guests are travelling alone or in a group and wish to share a room with 3-4 people, we have the perfect accommodation for everyone. Some of our rooms feature bunk beds and kitchenettes, ideal for families with children, while single travelers can enjoy our single rooms.
The hotel is comprised of two connecting buildings that we call the "blue" and "pink" buildings, depending on the color of the walls. Our blue building has two elevators and two staircases and features 57 rooms spanning 5 floors. The reception, breakfast and bar areas are located on the ground floor and we also have a private breakfast area, serving approximately 40-50 people, ideal for groups. The hotel rooms on the upper 4 floors come in various shapes and sizes to accommodate a range of different traveler needs. Some have kitchenettes, others have bunk beds or pull-out sofas ideal for children, and we also offer wheelchair accessible rooms. The views from the top floors of the blue building are stunning and overlook Mount Esja on one side and The Blue Mountains on the other.
Our pink building has 20 rooms on 2 floors, 10 rooms on each floor and features a rooftop terrace, where guests can enjoy the sun (when it is out!) and fresh air which we have plenty of. Guests enter the pink building via an adjoining corridor between the 2 buildings.
Services & Amenities
· Check-in is at 15:00 and check-out is at 11:00.
· Complimentary breakfast: a continental breakfast with fresh local produce, served daily from 7:00-10:00.
· Luggage room: guests can store their luggage in our luggage room prior to check in and after check out.
· Free Parking: we offer free parking in our underground garage, upon availability. We reccommend that you drop off your luggage at reception before parking because there is not an elevator from garage to reception level. There is also free parking on the street.
· Direct pickup for tours and airport transfers - As our hotel is not in Reykjavik´s restricted area, all airport transfers and day-tour shuttle services have easy access to the hotel so guests can be picked up directly from our door.
· Taxi Station: for those guests who prefer to take a taxi, there is a taxi station across the road from the hotel.
Public Transport: there are 2 public bus stops within 5 minutes walk from the hotel (Grensas & Skeifan) offering our guests a low-cost alternative to travel downtown from the hotel. The journey to downtown Reykjavik takes approximately 12 minutes from either stop and this service operates many times through the day.